Monday, August 30, 2010

Patrick Hughes - Director Site

Director Patrick Hughes was featured over the weekend on a blog that I frequent, Firstshowing.net. He has just released his first feature film, Red Hill. Check out the blog post HERE for a brief description and trailer. Patrick is a successful commercial director who has also toured a few shorts on the film festival circuit. Below is his most famous short "Signs" which he did in conjunction with Radical Media.
I am featuring his work on the blog today because I believe he is a great example of how we are preparing you to work as a director in film and broadcast. He is starting off creating short films and commercials, then worked his way to feature films.
Here is the link to his professional work http://patrickhughes.com.au/shorts/
I would encourage you to check out his site. This is an ideal format for your graduate web portfolio. Enjoy!


Signs
Uploaded by mg02. - Check out other Film & TV videos.

3 comments:

  1. This is one of the films that inspired my no-dialog thesis :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great to hear! Yeah, I love the fact that a simple story can still be told without dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. It had me on the edge of my seat and I was laying down.

    ReplyDelete